Notice on Reinforcing Campus Safety Management at Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU)
Dear international faculty,
In accordance with Beijing Municipality’s Level 1 Emergency Response for Major Urgent Public Health Incidents and Beijing Foreign Studies University’s Contingency Plan for Urgent Public Health Incidents, BFSU has decided to further strengthen campus safety management. We hereby notify as follows:
1. During this special period of epidemic prevention and control, faculty members who are outside Beijing are urged not to return. If really necessary, the faculty member should report to the university for the approval of his/her return. All current faculty members are required to report daily to the university about your personal health status and travel schedule.
2. Strict campus access control will be enforced. Closed-off management will be implemented. Identity verification and body temperature measurement are compulsory upon entrance. Faculty members who are living on campus should inform the university of you and your family’s information in advance for registration. Anyone who are not on the registration list are not allowed to access the campus. The registered faculty and your family members are required to present valid personal identify documents (e.g. Campus ID Cards and Passports) for entrances and exits.
3. Stricter dormitory management will be exercised at all BFSU dormitories, which include Guojiao Building on East Campus, White Building and Foreign Experts Building on West Campus. Dormitory access control will be enforced. Only current faculty and your immediate family members are allowed to live in the dormitories. Verification of identity is compulsory upon entrance. All faculty and your family members are required to present valid personal identify documents for entrances and exits. Any visitor who is not an employee or current resident will be forbidden to enter, unless in necessary situations approved by the university.
4. Body temperature measurement will be applied to everyone accessing the campus and dormitories. Only those whose body temperature is lower than 37.3℃ are allowed to enter. If an individual's body temperature is 37.3℃ or higher, he or she is requested to report immediately to the university staff.
5. Within the past 14 days, anyone who has been to Wuhan, or other cities in Hubei province, or has been in contact with people from that area, should take the initiative to inform university staff of their recent travel, fill out registration forms truthfully, and agree to be quarantined for observation at designated places. In accordance with Article 77, China’s Law on Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, an individual shall bear civil liability if he or she is found in violation of this provision, causing the transmission of infectious diseases, and imposing personal injury or property damage onto others.
6. During the epidemic prevention and control period, everybody should assume responsibility to maintain environmental hygiene of the residential community. Please pay attention to personal hygiene, do frequent washing, and keep rooms well ventilated. Besides, do not go outside unless necessary, avoid crowds, and keep away from public places that are confined and poorly ventilated. Remember to wear masks when going out.
7. We deeply regret the inconveniences brought to you by this sudden and unpredictable epidemic. However, ensuring the safety and health of all our staff and students is our top priority, and we sincerely hope to have your kind understanding, support and cooperation in this regard.
International Experts Office
Beijing Foreign Studies University
February 3rd, 2020